Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Only In Sicily

I should have started this blog when we first got here two years ago, because, well, there are things you find in Sicily that are incomprehensible. Things that you just can't believe would ever happen or be allowed in what is arguably a developed nation. Now don't get me wrong. Sicily is an incredible place and should be on everyone's list of places to visit before dying. They have an incredible history and one could never see everything there is to see. They claim the best oranges, olive oil, and wine. They are the birthplace of the mafia as we know it. But from an American perspective, their customs and habits are just alien. Not in a bad way mind you, but anywhere else you go in Europe, you feel pretty comfortable. You can find familiar things to grasp onto. But in Sicily...

I will continue to write as I discover new things, take pictures, or run across funny anecdotes. Please, if you have an experience you would like to share, let me know. I think everyone that has every visited Sicily should have some sort of experience.

No comments: